A blog about all and nothing
The things I write here are not necessarily something you didn’t hear before, still I want to stress them once more.
Recent happenings and conversations I had made me realise (or confirmed):
– We are all just small, easy to replace, parts of the system (macro and micro likewise). You are probably happy/ satisfied with your job and somehow think that what you do makes a difference (for the company) and that your boss will cry his heart out if you leave. Wrong! No one gives a shit! Except some 1% of the people working in a company (who actually matter), the rest is just ballast. The sooner you get this, the better for your health! This is the moment when you realize that stressing for the job is a total and stupid waste of energy. So: stop delaying that doctor appointment (because you must finish some report/ presentation or you have a big meeting coming up), stop postponing that meeting with your childhood friend, or the answer to that email, calling your father or mother, walking your dog or playing with your child! These are things that matter, not your role in the company.
– Complaining about stuff is senseless. Nothing ever changed from complaining. You just waste your time (and the time of others).
– Agreeing with all motivational and inspirational posts, videos, photos, etc is also senseless. Until you actually put yourself together and act/ change something in your life, it is all just cheap talk (and again a waste of time).
– The reason every company establishes on the market is to make money. Full stop.
– Having a hippie life, trying to escape the system, living by your own rules is awesome. However going to sleep on an empty stomach, not having money for medication or sleeping out in the open at -20 degrees, sucks big time! (this is one of the reasons why we chose to be happy employees…see point 1). Also, working is not that bad, as long as you don’t consider yourself master of the universe just because you own a Porsche, or consider yourself superior because you do a “clean” office job, and not work in a factory (e.g.).
– We all should have the same rights and OBLIGATIONS.
– Setting an example is much more efficient than preaching about stuff. But also much harder.
– Having a university degree doesn’t make you any better than other persons! You will get the same treatment from me even if you are: Doctor Honoris Causa or chambermaid.